Love Saturday morning Sizzlin' Bacon & Eggs! Today I made just plain ol' thick sliced bacon and scrambled eggs with cheese but afterwards I found this:
Bacon & Eggs in Toast Cups (6 cups)
- 6 slices of bread
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- salt & pepper
2. Using a cookie cutter, cut circles out of bread slices about 3 inches in diameter. (I confess I do not have a cookie cutter so I use the lid to my tub of orzo pasta and just cut around the edges ;D)
3. Take bread circles and press them into the muffin pan, set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet on medium-high. Cook bacon on the skillet until partially cooked but still pliable, about 3 minutes.
5. Shape bacon strips into the toast cups, fill with 1 Tbs of shredded cheese. Place in the oven for 5 minutes, allowing the bacon to toast just a little more. Remove from oven.
6. Crack your egg and separate out most of the egg white. Drop eggs into the cups, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Place back in the oven and cook until white begins to set, about another 8 – 10 minutes. The yolk should be creamy.
7. Remove from oven when done and pop out using a spoon, serve warm.
Don't forget our Sizzlin' August Sale at Mosquito Beachwear with 30% entire store!!! http://www.mosquitobeachwear.com/
Have a Fabulous Day!!!