Friday, May 20, 2011

I can see clearly now the rain is gone . . .

Hello from Mosquito Beachwear,

I can see clearly now the rain is gone (for the time being anyway, ha!) We've had 2 full days of constant rain! Anyway, getting on with things . . .yesterday didn’t start out so well! I was shocked when I looked out the back window to see two hanging flower baskets totally munched on!!! They were thriving, lush and colorful the day before! The culprits: whitetail deer. I have a love-hate relationship with them. They look so sweet and innocent, how could I be mad. Well, I was downright SAD!!! We see them a lot in the beautiful valley where we live. I guess I should know better (Cover up flowers or spray with deer repellent) and realize that this is their land too and we need to share it!
On a happier note, we have cute little bunnies that make their home in our yard. They seem fairly harmless although I think they’re eating some flowers too! We can’t seem to catch a break, ha!!!
The other day we saw the chubbiest robin! Then today we saw her above a brick pillar on our front porch protecting a nest way up there! Ahhh! How sweet! She’s lost weight since she laid her eggs, ha!

Inspirational Quote of the Day: “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe” Anatole France

Have a Great Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE reading your comments . . .
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!